Estate Planning
If you believe your estate planning needs may have some degree of complexity, we recommend you discuss your estate planning arrangements with an estate planning specialist.
Estate Planning & Superannuation
You can arrange for your super to be distributed to your beneficiaries by completing a "Death Benefit Nomination Form" and providing this form to the fund Trustee.
This form allows you to name your beneficiaries and stipulate the proportion of your super you want them to receive.
If you receive a pension from your super and would like this pension to continue for the benefit of your spouse, you may wish to establish a "Superannuation Reversionary Pension Nomination". By completing this type of nomination, your existing super pension will revert to your spouse, who can choose to continue the pension, or take the benefit as a partial or full lump sum benefit (or any combination of pension/lump sum).
Reversionary Pension Nomination Forms
insert link here.
If you want your super to be distributed in accordance with your Will, you can nominate your "Legal Personal Representative"  (LPR) as your beneficiary. By doing so, you are instructing the super fund trustee to pay your super to your estate. Please note, when you nominate your LPR  as your beneficiary, your super funds will move out of the super system  - which may be problematic if your beneficiary ultimately wants to contribute the funds back to super and  cannot do so due to age limitations or contribution limits, etc.
Forms relating to estate planning and superannuation benefits;
Binding Death Benefit Nomination Forms 
Sample Binding Death Benefit Nomination Form (PDF format)
Blank Binding Death Benefit Nomination Form (PDF format).
Blank Binding Death Benefit Nomination Form. (Word format)
Non Super Assets
Jointly held assets
Jointly held assets do not form part of your estate, as your share of the asset  will automatically passes to the survivor owner on your death.
Assets held as "tenants in common"
When you own an asset with another party as "tenants in common", your share of the asset is clearly defined and does form part of your estate, and therefore can be dealt with through your Will.